Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bad News

So... everything has been on an upswing and I'm not saying that's stopping, but damn life has a way of cutting your feet right out from under you doesn't it?

Yesterday I was doing good on the trail running in the snow. I was a little mountain goat practically. It was at a pace that made me lose my breath, but slow enough to still be fun.

This morning we were swimming and I was right there keeping pace with the boys. My breast stroke has really improved and I'm seriously getting this down: swimming in Army Combat Uniform (ACUs) and desert combat boots. After practice I ran up the stairs took a shower and after breakfast as usual went to class. I sat down for about an hour taking very excellent notes on my laptop that my instructor was impressed with when he perchance glanced at them. I get my backpack on and sort of take a side-step off-balanced. I wobble a little bit and... Ow. Shrug. Nothing really bad, just feels like I have to pop my knee you know the tight-ish feeling when you just have to bend your knee all the way and stretch it out and just... pop? And it's not like that's unusual or anything.

Well, no, that's not what happened. For the next 10 to 12 minutes I was in excruciating pain every time I tried to bend my knee. I got back to my room unable to bend my knee to take off my ACU pants and put some shorts on. This was by far the worst pain I'd felt in my knee ever. It was ten times more severe than when it was hurt with illitobial band syndrome. I wonder if that's come back, which doesn't make sense because my knee didn't hurt leading up to this. Now I'm trying to get an ortho appointment, but the soonest they can put me in is Tuesday next week. I will try to go to walk-in clinic in the morning, but I don't know if ortho is there every day. I took some ibuprofen and the pain has lessened. This scares me. I have to get better soon. I can't fail for this reason. This is stupid. This is ridiculous. This isn't making any sense. I'm very distracted with it too. It's a horrible way to be while I'm in class. At least classes are over for now today. I have to get back to the grind, but... updates and much more upbeat information to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment