Monday, November 14, 2011

Steep Learning Curves

It's never dull around here, we've completed a lot of the high graded events for Transportation BOLC (TBOLC) and the largest point allocation is somewhat a group project.  I'm trying to get my mind right for this, it will be a great learning experience regardless.

The next two weekends are going to be joyful, and I really mean it.  It's exciting to see my sister get married this weekend, I can't believe it's already here.  She's been really considerate with my time and schedule, and I'm glad to be able to be there for her!

After that a friend is inviting me to her home for Thanksgiving.  And it might be a little cheesy and cliché but there's a lot I'm grateful for including having a place to go for Thanksgiving when El Paso is so far away and it's difficult to travel so soon after my sister's wedding in Boston.  I'll be home for Christmas though...

...wow, and if I can quit being so corny, I can continue to say that I'm here.  I'm in the present.  I've been internally battling for a long time with parts of me, and it's not a fight that will ever be over, but I know what I want to be in life.  Not exactly my profession and future, I don't know if I'll be traditional or eclectic, but I know I want friends and family in my life.  I don't want to drive people I care about away from me.

Am I young?  Yeah, so young.  And sometimes it catches up to me, usually when I think I'm totally above it, my age and maturity like to trip me up.  As long as that's what I'm doing, falling forward.  One more cliché:  I gotta get back on the wagon, the horse, whatever, I need some upward and forward mobility and I need it now.  I don't wanna be sad so close to so much wonderfulness, so I'm closing my eyes and letting my mind ease up a little bit.  I need a loldog... gonna go hang out with a puppy now and hope the little judgment-free bundle of fur will make me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment