Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Year 2012

Rang in the New Year right in downtown Richmond.  It was a fun time for everyone, and there were even bagpipes playing at midnight in the street when everyone came outside to greet the new year with a kiss.  If the way you bring in the new year is in any way indicative of the way the rest of the year will turn out I will probably be inebriated most of the time and very well bipolar as I was at times exuberantly happy and at times almost distraught.  The night ended correctly though and everyone pulled together.

On the way back we stopped by a diner that I'm pretty sure was making their profits for the year by being nearly the only place open for breakfast at around 2 in the morning.  They only had two servers though and three floors of seats that were for the most part full of people.  Seeing as they had no public restroom though, I had to cajole the others with me to ask for a seat in order to use the facilities...  but when I exited the bathroom I found out the others had decided to leave and were waiting for me outside.  The friend waiting for me pointed out that the restaurant wasn't even cooking food for each customer they had buffets of breakfast laid out... at which point we grabbed handfuls of bacon and ran.

It was a great round of partying with pizza ordered afterward instead of attempting to stay in the hellish diner. And now that I have had some time to think about it, here is my list for 2012.  Not resolutions, just goals, and screw having to make them measurable:

  1. Train for a half marathon
  2. Restart training in freestyle wrestling... failing that (or in addition) Join a BJJ or MMA club
  3. Be nicer and more sociable (whatever this means)
  4. Try exercises to be more calm whether breathing, yoga, meditation
  5. Send a letter through the regular post at least once a month

No comments:

Post a Comment