Sunday, May 1, 2011

Phoenix

A lot of realizations this first day of May... (of course this entry is after midnight).  I am glad to hear the news that Osama bin Laden has been 'neutralized'.  I am content at the moment to just be happy about it.  There was an excited still in the air earlier today before any announcements were made... given this is a military post (besides the historical Military Academy) I wonder if somehow the news travelled faster than the public announcements would have us believe.  At any rate, we cadets found out the same way as any citizen... in my particular case I was in the library when I heard a stir and someone shouted down the stairs,

"It's on CNN!  Osama is dead!  We got him!"

I tried google search but it wasn't there yet, I had to open CNN news live.  It was a good feeling.  I know there's a lot of aftermath, controversy, politicizing, etc. but right now... just gonna be happy we took out an important face to terrorism.  All other issues can afford to wait a couple days after that sort of news.  It's a good morale boost for America who has been looking just as beat up as the rest of the world in the face of economic issues, security problems, political bickering, and military entanglement.  I was glad to see some wholesome patriotism tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment