Friday, February 4, 2011

Back into the Fray!

There's so much more to do, and tomorrow and the next days are truly busy.  Currently I'm taking on the tasks of being the grappling coach in my company, a section leader (so seven subordinates), and a firstie (senior) at this interesting institution.  It's not every day that I feel inspired, and I'm sure you can tell from the lenth of time between posts, but today is one of those days.  Listening to Blue Lips by Regina Spektor, for some reason the tune lifts my spirits.

Individually, I'm trying to stay pumped since the brigade open wrestling tournament of 2011.  My weight class - 135lb, the lightest weight class and 10lb heaver than I am - was rumored to be stacked.  I lost twice, and it was a little emotional, but mostly because I don't know when I'll wrestle again.  I guess my passionate reaction means that it will happen one day...

I also was suppose to have hit the 25 pg mark for my thesis today and I got my 15 page draft back Tuesday.  To that end I have to read 85 pages between now and that draft, plus another intimidating document on top of that and I have to start getting hard copies of every case I reference.  I've got two drafts to burn through.  I have an assignment for Officership class, and have to take my screening forms to the Trainers at Arvin Gym again this Monday.

It's always a good thing to be this busy, and at the same time... I wish I could shut everything else off and focus on the paper for some time or that I could settle in my room with a glass of wine and a bigger desk and better lighting and bettter heating.  Basically an apartment to retreat into and work out of!  More to follow (and I've learned to dislike that phrase too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment